NFL Alumni lost several outstanding members in the last year due to complications from the COVID-19 virus.
Nothing will replace the loss and overwhelming grief the surviving relatives in those families feel. We again want to offer our sincere condolences to them but also provide information that may help relieve some of the financial stress caused by those deaths.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) recently has been authorized by Congressional legislation to provide financial assistance up to $9,000 to all families for COVID-19 related funeral expenses retroactive to January 20, 2020.
FEMA will begin accepting applications for this financial reimbursement program this Monday, April 12 through its Call Center at 844-684-6333.
Some details regarding eligibility for this financial program include:
- The death must have occurred in the United States or in a U.S. territory.
- The death certificate must indicate the death was attributed to COVID-19.
Survivors are required to have specific documents available regarding the death when they contact FEMA including:
- An official death certificate that attributes the death directly or indirectly to COVID-19.
- Records including receipts, funeral home contracts, and the dates the funeral expenses occurred.
- Proof of funds received from other sources specifically for use toward funeral costs. FEMA will not duplicate benefits already received from burial or funeral insurance.